the universe and I

Saturday, November 10, 2012

On November.

I had this conversation a few days ago (its not verbatim - I tried, but my memory- ugh.)
"You make good use of words, but don't you have better stories to tell?"
"Its probably because this is all I am willing to share of me via the electronic media."

I struggle with the comprehension of how real and unreal the internet (and the communication media supported by it) are at the same time - for me, they remain short of almost. It is credited with obviating physical distances; and I must be the only one who thinks that the opposite is equally true.

It's the growing up I have done in the last year (and I am still in shock) - I had no idea that I had such potential to mature. There is a certain appeal in being optimistic and happy - but what has changed (and I have noticed) is that I do not use them as blinders anymore. In any case, I seemed to have turned down my hysteria from high to sim; but more on that later.

There was a part of me that wanted to discontinue blogging because the difference is too stark;  but I reasoned that my writing here documents my growing up.  If I destroy it on an impulse, its very likely I will regret it later (like how I regret not saving my math mid-term exam paper from the 10th standard; my subject teacher, Tr. Chari had written 'good' for the logical way I had solved a question on taxation. I was foolish enough to part with it when I was cleaning my book shelves one day).

Changing tracks, it was my birthday last week; it was a day spent very well and in fantastic company - I was positively contemplative and I ate some very good food (two things that make me happy).
I also recalled how it was celebrated the year before - in freezing cold, on a sidewalk next to a park opposite my home, with cake and candles and grins and hugs.

With Manohar, Rahul, Ankit, Susmita, Manisha, Shilpa, Siva, Karthik, Vikash, Dvijotham (who did I miss?) Thank you, I am so grateful.

I missed Barry (and he reminded me) - thank you, you too!

Nov 2nd, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Swadha turns five.

My Swadha has completed five whole revolutions around the sun - she is now a five-year old girl. I wear my motherhood with confidence and pr...