the universe and I

Saturday, March 28, 2009

first day of navratra, March 20009

i just realized i have been writing bits for the past four days... that's almost a single most consistent thing i have done for a long long time....( ya, i am flaky , very flaky)

its the first day of Navratra, i started the day with eating aaloo matar, roti and achaar for lunch ( i wasn't up for breakfast) and my evening meal was turkey kabab and chicken biryani with a glass of red wine. 

( and that's strange because? )

i am the offspring of a seriously Hindu family. we are very particular about our auspicious days and follow religiously whatever is the norm. 

so what has been out of whack this time around is the fact that i not only ate a dish containing onion and an achaar that mainly comprised of garlic for a meal, i committed the sin of also eating meat and drinking alcohol. 

i am going to hell i tell you :P 

on a serious note, i don't follow the norms because i have to, i do it because i want to. i think its one of the important ways i can keep me rooted to where i come from and my customs. its a very small thing, but i attach a lot of importance to it.  

another great thing today was something Pa said over the phone. " if you have to tell me something, you dont say it your way; you say it in the manner that i will understand"....what a wonderful lesson, like a capsule that does its job. 

i feel wiser. helpless in my current situation, but wiser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Swadha turns five.

My Swadha has completed five whole revolutions around the sun - she is now a five-year old girl. I wear my motherhood with confidence and pr...